NOTICE OF HIRING
The Board of Directors (Board) of Norowal Marina, Inc., located in Bolton Landing, NY, is seeking to hire a full-time Marina Manager starting with the 2015 season. The 2015 season will begin during the 3rd week of April and will extend through October 31, 2015. Candidates must have prior management experience that includes significant operational, fiscal and supervisory responsibilities. Marina experience is not a pre-requisite for the position.
Norowal Marina, Inc. is approximately 6 acres in size and is equipped with a launch ramp, 47 seasonal boat slips, gas pumps, a marine store, laundromat and bathroom/shower facilities. In addition, the facility has extensive parking for boats, trailers and tow vehicles, dry storage facilities and winter storage facilities. During the months of June, July and August, the marina employs up to 12 staff. During the remainder of the marina season, the facility employs 2-3 staff. Gross annual revenues are .75 to 1.0 million dollars per year. Additional information about the marina including hours of operation can be found on the web site.
The Marina Manager reports to the Board and is responsible for all aspects of the business conducted at the marina, including customer service, day-to-day launch operations, fiscal transactions and reporting, supervision of docking and parking staff and marketing. In addition, the Marina Manager is expected to attend 1-2 marine trade shows per year that are scheduled within the Glens Falls area. During the months of June, July and August, the Marina Manager will work approximately 60 hours/week. During the remainder of the marina season, the Marina Manager will work approximately 40 hours/week. The Marina Manager is entitled to have 2 consecutive days off each week while the marina is open.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promote a business environment that is “customer friendly”.
- Be a positive role model for staff.
- Lead by example in a team-based work environment.
- Promote a work environment that reinforces operational effectiveness (“doing the right things”) and operational efficiency (“doing things right”) to assure continued profitability.
- Provide guidance, supervision and corrective instruction to all staff, as required.
- Hire staff who will enhance the customer’s experience and the positive image of the marina.
- Support the Board and fully implement its policies and procedures.
- Apprise the Board of trends (financial, operational, etc.) that are affecting or will affect the profitability of the marina.
- Regularly attend meetings of the Board.
- Promote and maintain a positive rapport with all Norowal customers.
- Promote and maintain a positive working relationship with all Norowal business partners, including the Town of Bolton, Lake George Park Commission, Lake George Association and NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded and tracked.
- Ensure employee timekeeping and payroll activities are properly executed.
- Ensure information/reports provided to Board members and professional affiliates are timely, accurate and on-target.
- Assure that all computers and computer systems are properly maintained and are appropriate for Norowal’s business.
- Procure goods & services according to protocols established by the Board and ensure timely payment of all accounts.
- Ensure that all dock rental insurance certificates and commercial insurance certificates are up-to-date and on file.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Assure that all marina activities are conducted in a safe & environmentally-responsible manner.
- Ensure that all marina facilities are maintained in safe condition.
- Immediately notify the Board when marina operations or facilities are unsafe and/or beyond normal repair.
- Ensure that all Norowal employees are aware of the marina’s safety procedures and are proficient in the use of its safety equipment.
The Board is seeking an individual who has impeccable integrity as well as demonstrated ability to motivate, innovate and collaborate with a wide range of individuals and organizations.
Salary for the Marina Manager position will be in the range of ($35-40,000). Final salary will be established by the Board based on the experience and skill set of the candidate selected for the position.
Interested candidates are asked to provide a resume of relevant experience and skills. Resumes should be mailed to: Bolton Town Hall, PO Box 7, Bolton Landing NY., 12814, Attn: Norowal. All information is required to be received no later than 12/12/14.